52 Interest on, and extension of time for payment, of
(1) A levy amount that is not paid at or before the time it is due
bears compound interest at the prescribed rate.
(2) Interest forms part of, and may be recovered as, unpaid
(3) The Corporation may, if it considers that special circumstances
warrant it doing so in any particular case, direct:
(a) that the time for payment of all or part of a levy amount be
changed to a later time specified in the direction, or
(b) that the amount of any interest payable under subsection (1) be
waived or reduced by an amount specified in the
(4) Subsection (3) has effect despite sections 50 and
(5) In this section prescribed rate
(a) except as provided by paragraph (b)—2% per calendar month,
or part of a calendar month, or
(b) such other rate as is prescribed by the
Note. See section 82 with respect to appeals.