Division 6 Miscellaneous provisions relating to vessels
65 Recognised marine safety licences
(1) This section applies to a marine safety licence that is a vessel registration certificate, a survey certificate or a certificate of competency required to be held by this Part.
(2) A marine safety licence under this Act may take the form of the grant of recognition for a marine safety licence (or similar licence) granted under the law of the Commonwealth, of another State or a Territory or of another country.
(3) In that case:
(a) a reference in this Act to the grant of the relevant marine safety licence is a reference to the grant of recognition of the licence, and
(b) a reference in this Act to the cancellation or suspension of the relevant marine safety licence is a reference to the withdrawal of recognition indefinitely or for a period, and
(c) a reference in this Act to the disqualification of the holder of the relevant marine safety licence includes a reference to the disqualification of the person from having a licence recognised.
66 Mutual recognition of marine safety licences
(1) The regulations may provide for automatic recognition for any marine safety licence to which section 65 applies.
(2) Any such recognition is subject to compliance with the conditions of the licence and of any law of the jurisdiction in which the licence was issued that relates to authority conferred by the licence.
67 Regulation of marine safety equipment or facilities
The regulations may make provision for or with respect to the following:
(a) the installation or carriage on vessels of marine safety equipment or facilities,
(b) the wearing of safety equipment by persons on vessels or engaged in activities in or over the water.
68 Regulation of design and construction of recreational vessels
The regulations may make provision for or with respect to the design and construction of recreational vessels.
68A Regulations relating to builders plates for vessels
(1) Regulations may be made for or with respect to builders plates to be fixed on vessels.
(2) Without limiting the generality of subsection (1), the regulations may make provision for or with respect to the following:
(a) prohibiting or regulating the sale or supply of vessels in New South Wales without builders plates,
(b) the information to be included on builders plates for vessels, the form of such plates and the manner in which they are to be fixed to vessels,
(c) the persons who may fix builders plates to vessels,
(d) the alteration and removal of builders plates.
69 Regulation of passengers
The regulations may make provision for or with respect to:
(a) the maximum number of passengers or other persons to be carried on vessels, or
(b) the conduct of passengers on vessels, including the removal of passengers from vessels.
70 Vessel identification etc
The regulations may require identifying and other information to be displayed on vessels (including the display of particulars of registration of vessels or the maximum carrying capacity of vessels).