Victims Support and Rehabilitation Act 1996 No 115
35A Review of amount awarded as Victims Assistance
(1) An applicant for Victims Assistance may apply to the Director for
the correction of a miscalculation in the amount awarded by a compensation
assessor as Victims Assistance.
(2) An application to the Director under this section must be made
within 28 days after the day on which the relevant notice of the determination
of the compensation assessor was duly served.
(3) Any such application must be in the form required by the rules and
must be lodged with the Director.
(4) The Director may determine the application by:
(a) affirming the amount awarded by the compensation assessor,
(b) varying the award by correcting any miscalculation in the amount
of the award.
(5) Written notice is to be given to an applicant under this section
of the determination of the Director.