714 Review of rules requested by Commissioner
(1) The Commissioner may, at any time, request a Council to review any
legal profession rule (including any joint rule) made by
(2) If a Council is requested to review a rule under this section, the
Council must furnish a report on the review to the Commissioner within 28 days
after the request or within such further period as is agreed on by the
Commissioner and the Council.
(3) After receiving a report under this section, the Commissioner must
give a report to the Attorney General about the request for the review and may
include in the report submissions about the rule and a recommendation that the
rule be declared inoperative.
(4) Any such report by the Commissioner must include a copy of the
report on the review of the rule concerned provided by the relevant
(5) The Attorney General may make public any report by the
Commissioner under this section (including, if the Attorney General thinks
fit, a copy of the relevant review).