Legal Profession Act 2004 No 112
106 Register of local practising certificates
(1) A Council must keep a register of the names of Australian lawyers to whom it grants local practising certificates.
(2) The regulations may make provision for or with respect to the following:
(a) the information that may be included in the register,
(b) the information that must be included in the register,
(c) the notification by local legal practitioners to the appropriate Council of changes of particulars,
(d) the notification by the Council to other authorities of particulars contained in the register,
(e) the removal of information from the register relating to former holders of certificates.
(3) The register must state the conditions (if any) imposed on a local practising certificate in relation to engaging in legal practice.
(4) A condition imposed on a local practising certificate relating to infirmity, injury or mental or physical illness is not to be stated on the register unless:
(a) the condition restricts the holder’s right to engage in legal practice, or
(b) the holder consents to the condition being stated on the register.
(5) The register may be kept in the way the Council decides.
(6) The Council may publish, in circumstances that it considers appropriate, the names of persons kept on the register and any other information included in the register concerning those persons.
(7) The register must be available for inspection, without charge, at the Council’s office during normal business hours.