Co-operative Housing and Starr-Bowkett Societies Act 1998 No 11
69 Power of Registrar to modify rules to facilitate transfer of engagements
(1) If the Registrar has directed a transfer of engagements under Part 5 (Mergers and transfers of engagements), the Registrar may, by notation on the registered copy of the rules of the transferor society (if it is to continue to exist) or the transferee society, alter the rules of the society to the extent necessary to ensure that the rules are appropriate.
(2) The Registrar must alter the rules by notation on the registered copy.
(3) The Registrar must immediately give written notice to a society of:
(a) an alteration of its rules made under this section, and
(b) the day on which the alteration starts.
(4) A society must give written notice of the alteration to its members not later than the day on which notice is given of the next general meeting of the society.
(5) The notice may, with the prior written approval of the Registrar, be given by advertisement published in a newspaper circulating generally in the area in which the society operates.