Noxious Weeds Act 1993 No 11
23 Noxious weed control by Minister after notice not complied
(1) The Minister may control noxious weeds on land subject to a weed
control order and occupied by a public authority or owned or occupied by a
local control authority if the authority fails, or a predecessor in title to
the authority has failed, to comply with a weed control notice given in
accordance with section 22.
(2) Authorised officers may control noxious weeds on behalf of the
Minister under this section and may enter premises for that
Note. See Division 1 of Part 5 (sections 41–55) for provisions
about powers of entry.
(3) Before controlling noxious weeds on land occupied by a public
authority, the Minister must obtain the approval of the
(4) The Minister must give not less than 24 hours’ notice of any
proposed control of noxious weeds under this section to the public authority
or local control authority concerned, except where an emergency weed control
notice has been given.
(5) If an emergency weed control notice has been given, the Minister
must, if practicable, give prior oral or written notice of any proposed
control of noxious weeds under this section to the public authority or local
control authority concerned.