Transport Administration Act 1988 No 109
42T Independent Transport Safety Advisory Board
(1) There is established by this Act an Independent Transport Safety Advisory Board.
(2) The Board is to consist of the following 5 members:
(a) a Chairperson appointed by the Governor, on the recommendation of the Minister,
(b) 3 members appointed by the Minister,
(c) the Chief Executive.
(3) The members appointed by the Minister must have experience in one or more of the following areas, as the Minister considers necessary to enable the Board’s functions to be carried out:
(a) rail safety management systems,
(b) safety science,
(c) customer service,
(d) accident investigation,
(e) public administration.
(4) The Chairperson of the Board must have experience in transport safety management systems (including rail safety management systems).
(4A) For the purposes of exercising its functions, the Board may arrange for the use of any staff or facilities of the ITSR.
(5) Schedule 2A has effect with respect to the members and procedure of the Board.