Transport Administration Act 1988 No 109
42T Independent Transport Safety Advisory Board
(1) There is established by this Act an Independent Transport Safety
(2) The Board is to consist of the following 5 members:
(a) a Chairperson appointed by the Governor, on the recommendation of
(b) 3 members appointed by the Minister,
(c) the Chief Executive.
(3) The members appointed by the Minister must have experience in one
or more of the following areas, as the Minister considers necessary to enable
the Board’s functions to be carried out:
(a) rail safety management systems,
(b) safety science,
(c) customer service,
(d) accident investigation,
(e) public administration.
(4) The Chairperson of the Board must have experience in transport
safety management systems (including rail safety management
(4A) For the purposes of exercising its functions, the Board may
arrange for the use of any staff or facilities of the
(5) Schedule 2A has effect with respect to the members and procedure
of the Board.