Legal Profession Act 1987 No 109
105 Examination by receiver
(1) The Supreme Court may, on application by a receiver, make such
order as it thinks fit for the examination by the receiver of a solicitor or
other person in relation to receivable property.
(2) On an examination under this section:
(a) the solicitor or other person may be represented by solicitor or
(b) the Supreme Court may put, or allow to be put, to the solicitor or
other person such questions as it thinks fit.
(3) The solicitor or other person shall be examined on oath or
(4) The solicitor or other person is compellable to answer all
questions put to him or her in the course of the
(5) Subsection (4) applies to any question to which objection is made
on the ground that the answer would tend to incriminate the person to whom it
(6) An answer given by a person to a question referred to in
subsection (5) is not admissible in any criminal proceedings other than
proceedings relating to the falsity of the answer.