Water Industry Competition Act 2006 No 104
58 Erection and placement of water industry
(1) This section applies to work connected with the erection,
installation, extension, alteration, maintenance or removal of any water
(2) For the purposes of this Act, a licensed network operator:
(a) may carry out work to which this section applies,
(b) in particular, may carry out any such work in or under a public
road or public reserve.
(3) No such work (other than routine connections, repairs or
maintenance work) may be carried out unless the network operator:
(a) has given the local council or roads authority notice of the
proposal to carry out the work, and
(b) has given the local council or roads authority a reasonable
opportunity (being at least 40 days from the date on which the notice was
given) to make submissions to the network operator in relation to the
(c) has given consideration to any such
(4) Subsection (3) does not apply to the carrying out of any such work
to cope with emergencies.
(5) Work to which this section applies is exempt from the requirement
for an approval under the Local Government
(6) Section 138 of the Roads Act
1993 does not apply to or in respect of anything done, or to
be done, pursuant to this section.