Water Industry Competition Act 2006 No 104
29 Consideration of revocation applications by IPART
(1) On receiving a revocation application, IPART:
(a) must furnish a copy of the application to the Minister, and
(b) must furnish copies of the application to, and invite submissions on the application from, such other persons as are prescribed by the regulations, and
(c) must invite submissions on the application from the public.
(2) After considering the application and any such submissions, IPART must furnish a report on the application to the Minister.
(3) Such a report must include a statement of IPART’s opinion as to whether or not the declaration criteria are met in relation to the service to which the application relates.
(4) IPART must use its best endeavours to ensure that a report on the application is provided within 4 months after the application is made.
(5) This section does not apply to a revocation application that IPART determines, with the consent of the Minister, to be frivolous or vexatious.