Law Enforcement (Powers and Responsibilities) Act 2002 No 103
87O Report to Ombudsman on exercise of powers and monitoring
(1) The Ombudsman is to keep under scrutiny the exercise of powers
conferred on police officers under this Part.
(2) For that purpose, the Ombudsman may require the Commissioner of
Police or any public authority to provide information about the exercise of
(3) The Commissioner of Police is to ensure that the Ombudsman is
provided with a report on:
(a) any authorisation given under Division 3 or approval given under
section 87N, and
(b) the reasons for giving the authorisation or approval,
(c) the powers used under the authorisation or
(4) The report is to be provided within 3 months after the
authorisation or approval ceases to have effect.
(5) The Ombudsman is to include, in the annual report of the
Ombudsman’s work and activities under section 30 of the Ombudsman Act 1974 a report of the
work and activities under this section.
Note. Section 30 of that Act provides for the annual report to be tabled