Surrogacy Act 2010 No 102
Part 6 Miscellaneous
58 Proceedings for offences
Proceedings for an offence under this Act may be dealt with summarily before the Local Court.
(1) The Governor may make regulations, not inconsistent with this Act, for or with respect to any matter that by this Act is required or permitted to be prescribed or that is necessary or convenient to be prescribed for carrying out or giving effect to this Act.
(2) In particular, the regulations may make provision for any fees to be paid in connection with this Act.
(3) A regulation may create an offence punishable by a penalty not exceeding 10 penalty units.
60 Review of Act
(1) The Minister is to review this Act to determine whether the policy objectives of the Act remain valid and whether the terms of the Act remain appropriate for securing those objectives.
(2) The review is to be undertaken as soon as possible after the period of 3 years from the date of assent to this Act.
(3) A report on the outcome of the review is to be tabled in each House of Parliament within 12 months after the end of the period of 3 years.