Threatened Species Conservation Act 1995 No 101
141L Orders regarding costs and expenses of
(1) The court may, if it appears to the court that the
Director-General or a member of staff of the Department has reasonably
incurred costs and expenses during the investigation of the offence, order the
offender to pay to the Director-General the costs and expenses so incurred in
such amount as is fixed by the order.
(2) An order made by the Land and Environment Court under subsection
(1) is enforceable as if it were an order made by the Court in Class 4
proceedings under the Land and Environment
Court Act 1979.
(3) An order made by the Local Court under subsection (1) is
enforceable as if it were an order made by the court when exercising
jurisdiction under the Civil Procedure Act
(4) In this section, costs and
expenses, in relation to the investigation of an offence, means the
costs and expenses:
(a) in taking any sample or conducting any inspection, examination,
test, measurement or analysis, or
(b) of transporting, storing or disposing of
during the investigation of the offence.