Threatened Species Conservation Act 1995 No 101
126C Biodiversity certification of native vegetation reform
(1) The Minister may by order published in the Gazette confer
biodiversity certification on the native vegetation reform package for the
purposes of this Act.
(2) The Minister may confer biodiversity certification even if the
native vegetation reform package does not comprise all the elements of the
(3) The Minister may, by order published in the Gazette, suspend
biodiversity certification of the native vegetation reform package if the
composition of the package changes after its certification (for instance by
any amendment of the Native Vegetation Act
2003 or regulations under that Act, or by the approval or
amendment of a State-wide standard or target or of a catchment action plan).
The Minister may by order published in the Gazette lift any suspension under
(4) The Minister may, in an order conferring biodiversity
certification or in another order published in the Gazette, exclude from the
certification of the native vegetation reform package any specified class of
(5) In deciding on any action under this section, the Minister is to
have regard to the likely impact of the native vegetation reform package (or
any relevant aspect of its operation) on the achievement of the objects of
note. For orders under this section, see Gazettes No 142 of 25.11.2005,
p 9809 and No 97 of 1.8.2007, p 5338.