Threatened Species Conservation Act 1995 No 101
126C Biodiversity certification of native vegetation reform package
(1) The Minister may by order published in the Gazette confer biodiversity certification on the native vegetation reform package for the purposes of this Act.
(2) The Minister may confer biodiversity certification even if the native vegetation reform package does not comprise all the elements of the package.
(3) The Minister may, by order published in the Gazette, suspend biodiversity certification of the native vegetation reform package if the composition of the package changes after its certification (for instance by any amendment of the Native Vegetation Act 2003 or regulations under that Act, or by the approval or amendment of a State-wide standard or target or of a catchment action plan). The Minister may by order published in the Gazette lift any suspension under this subsection.
(4) The Minister may, in an order conferring biodiversity certification or in another order published in the Gazette, exclude from the certification of the native vegetation reform package any specified class of activity.
(5) In deciding on any action under this section, the Minister is to have regard to the likely impact of the native vegetation reform package (or any relevant aspect of its operation) on the achievement of the objects of this Act.
Editorial note. For orders under this section, see Gazettes No 142 of 25.11.2005, p 9809 and No 97 of 1.8.2007, p 5338.